Welcome to our family's kitchen!

These are some of our family's favorite recipes, including a lot of recipes that were handed down from my mother before she passed away. I often joke that I graduated from "The Culinary Institute of Mom's Apron Strings." My boyfriend and I love to cook; he even creates a special dinner every Friday night based on an important, or funny, or ridiculous historical event. You can look that up at "Doomed to Reheat" - we even do a podcast that you can listen to! We're a family of cooks, whether it's professional or amateur, and we hope you enjoy our recipes!

I am learning to blog as I go along, so please be patient with my mistakes! Until I figure out how to remove the headers, please use the links on the right side of the page to access recipes. I will add recipes as we find them, or as I find them from my current (very large) stash of recipes.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Veggie Chop Suey - aka Veggie Chop Becky

2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp peanut oil
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lg onion, sliced
3/4 C water
1/2 tsp each, sugar, vinegar, and ginger

Your choice of the following, cut into uniform sized pieces:

Cauliflower
Broccoli
Snow peas
Water chestnuts
Celery
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Carrots

Heat 1 Tbsp oil in wok, stir fry onion 2 minutes.

Add 1/4-1/2 cup water and veggies to wok, steam 5 minutes or till tender.  Don't add tomatoes until last 2 minutes.

Combine water, cornstarch, soy, ginger, sugar, and water.  Pour into wok.  Cook and stir till thickened, about 2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment