18 Medium Brussel Sprouts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
12 ounce package center cut bacon (about 18 strips)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup, plus 1/2 cup for serving
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Zest of 1/2 lemon, plus 2 tsp juice
Crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 400°F. Trip the stem ends from the Brussels sprouts and halve lengthwise. Put them in a medium bowl and toss with 1 tsp salt.
Cut bacon in half crosswise, and brush liberally with about 1/2 the maple syrup. Wrap each Brussels sprout half with 1 strip of bacon, syrup side out, so the seam is on the flat side. Place the sprouts seam-side down on a rimmed baking sheet, leaving a bit of space between them. Brush them with a bit more syrup, and grind a little black pepper on top.
Roast, rotating the baking sheet halfway through, until the bacon is crisp and the sprouts are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the mayo, most of the lemon zest, and all the lemon juice in a small serving dish. Sprinkle the remaining lemon zest on top. Put about 1/2 cup maple syrup in a second small serving dish, and stir in as much black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes as you like.
Transfer the sprouts to a platter, and serve with the lemon mayonnaise and peppered maple syrup for dipping.
Welcome to our family's kitchen!
These are some of our family's favorite recipes, including a lot of recipes that were handed down from my mother before she passed away. I often joke that I graduated from "The Culinary Institute of Mom's Apron Strings." My boyfriend and I love to cook; he even creates a special dinner every Friday night based on an important, or funny, or ridiculous historical event. You can look that up at "Doomed to Reheat" - we even do a podcast that you can listen to! We're a family of cooks, whether it's professional or amateur, and we hope you enjoy our recipes!
I am learning to blog as I go along, so please be patient with my mistakes! Until I figure out how to remove the headers, please use the links on the right side of the page to access recipes. I will add recipes as we find them, or as I find them from my current (very large) stash of recipes.
I am learning to blog as I go along, so please be patient with my mistakes! Until I figure out how to remove the headers, please use the links on the right side of the page to access recipes. I will add recipes as we find them, or as I find them from my current (very large) stash of recipes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment