Welcome to our family's kitchen!

These are some of our family's favorite recipes, including a lot of recipes that were handed down from my mother before she passed away. I often joke that I graduated from "The Culinary Institute of Mom's Apron Strings." My boyfriend and I love to cook; he even creates a special dinner every Friday night based on an important, or funny, or ridiculous historical event. You can look that up at "Doomed to Reheat" - we even do a podcast that you can listen to! We're a family of cooks, whether it's professional or amateur, and we hope you enjoy our recipes!

I am learning to blog as I go along, so please be patient with my mistakes! Until I figure out how to remove the headers, please use the links on the right side of the page to access recipes. I will add recipes as we find them, or as I find them from my current (very large) stash of recipes.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blackberry Cobbler

1/2 cup butter
2 cups self-rising flour
2 cups white sugar
2 cups milk
4 cups blackberries
1 tsp vanilla extract

1.  Preheat oven to 350*F.  Once oven temperature is reached, melt butter in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
2.  In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, the 2 cups of sugar, the milk, and the vanilla.  The resulting batter is supposed to be slightly lumpy, so don't stir it too much.
3.  Put blackberries in the baking pan, on top of the melted butter, and sprinkle with a little sugar.
4.  Pour the batter mixture on top of the butter and berries in the baking pan.  Do not mix butter and mixture together.
5.  Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to one hour or until golden brown.
6.  This recipe can be made in advance and refrigerated.  Before serving, reheat in 350*F oven for 15 or so minutes, until it is really hot.  Try serving it with ice cream or whipped cream.
The original recipe can be found HERE.  

No comments:

Post a Comment