Welcome to our family's kitchen!

These are some of our family's favorite recipes, including a lot of recipes that were handed down from my mother before she passed away. I often joke that I graduated from "The Culinary Institute of Mom's Apron Strings." My boyfriend and I love to cook; he even creates a special dinner every Friday night based on an important, or funny, or ridiculous historical event. You can look that up at "Doomed to Reheat" - we even do a podcast that you can listen to! We're a family of cooks, whether it's professional or amateur, and we hope you enjoy our recipes!

I am learning to blog as I go along, so please be patient with my mistakes! Until I figure out how to remove the headers, please use the links on the right side of the page to access recipes. I will add recipes as we find them, or as I find them from my current (very large) stash of recipes.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Olive Relish

1/2 cup green olives with pimentos
1/2 cup black olives
1/4 cup onion
1/4 cup fresh parsley
2 Tbsp balsamic or red wine vinegar (I use red wine vinegar)
1 tbsp. garlic minced
1 tsp capers
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 stalk celery - cut into 1" pieces

Coarsely chop all ingredients in food processor or blender.

Stir in 1/3 cup olive oil and refrigerate at least one hour before using. 

This is intended for muffalettas, but it's delicious on any sandwich. 

No comments:

Post a Comment