Welcome to our family's kitchen!

These are some of our family's favorite recipes, including a lot of recipes that were handed down from my mother before she passed away. I often joke that I graduated from "The Culinary Institute of Mom's Apron Strings." My boyfriend and I love to cook; he even creates a special dinner every Friday night based on an important, or funny, or ridiculous historical event. You can look that up at "Doomed to Reheat" - we even do a podcast that you can listen to! We're a family of cooks, whether it's professional or amateur, and we hope you enjoy our recipes!

I am learning to blog as I go along, so please be patient with my mistakes! Until I figure out how to remove the headers, please use the links on the right side of the page to access recipes. I will add recipes as we find them, or as I find them from my current (very large) stash of recipes.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hawaiian Burgers

  • Ground Beef
  • Teriyaki Sauce (I use Maui Mountain because it's a little sweet and not too salty)
  • bread crumbs
  • herbs and spices of your choice (I never use the same thing twice)
  • can of pineapple slices (you need enough to put 1 or 2 on each burger plus a few extra)
  • swiss cheese (enough to put 1 or 2 on each burger)

Mix the beef, bread crumbs, spices, and teriyaki together in a bowl.
Drain the pineapple cans into the beef mixture.
Chop the extra pineapple fine and put into beef (leave enough to put 1 or 2 slices on each burger)
Mix together and let sit in the fridge for a while (an hour or 2)

When you're ready to start the grill, shape the patties then put in the fridge to get firm.
When the grill is ready, grill off the pineapple - let it get the nice grill marks.
Remove pineapple to a plate to sit while the burgers are cooking.

Once the burgers are grilled to desired doneness, top with pineapple and swiss cheese.
Grill until cheese is melted then remove.

Top with condiments of choice, lettuce and tomato.

No comments:

Post a Comment