3 lbs ground chuck
3 medium onions
1 stick of butter
44 ozs ketchup (a 32 and a 12 for example)
3 Tbsp white vinegar
3 Tbsp mustard
5 Tbsp brown sugar
5 stalks of celery
Dice onion and celery; cook with butter. Gradually add meat and let it brown. Add all other ingredients and mix/stir well. Let it cook/simmer up to 3 hrs.
The longer you cook it, the better it tastes.
Welcome to our family's kitchen!
These are some of our family's favorite recipes, including a lot of recipes that were handed down from my mother before she passed away. I often joke that I graduated from "The Culinary Institute of Mom's Apron Strings." My boyfriend and I love to cook; he even creates a special dinner every Friday night based on an important, or funny, or ridiculous historical event. You can look that up at "Doomed to Reheat" - we even do a podcast that you can listen to! We're a family of cooks, whether it's professional or amateur, and we hope you enjoy our recipes!
I am learning to blog as I go along, so please be patient with my mistakes! Until I figure out how to remove the headers, please use the links on the right side of the page to access recipes. I will add recipes as we find them, or as I find them from my current (very large) stash of recipes.
I am learning to blog as I go along, so please be patient with my mistakes! Until I figure out how to remove the headers, please use the links on the right side of the page to access recipes. I will add recipes as we find them, or as I find them from my current (very large) stash of recipes.
No comments:
Post a Comment