Welcome to our family's kitchen!

These are some of our family's favorite recipes, including a lot of recipes that were handed down from my mother before she passed away. I often joke that I graduated from "The Culinary Institute of Mom's Apron Strings." My boyfriend and I love to cook; he even creates a special dinner every Friday night based on an important, or funny, or ridiculous historical event. You can look that up at "Doomed to Reheat" - we even do a podcast that you can listen to! We're a family of cooks, whether it's professional or amateur, and we hope you enjoy our recipes!

I am learning to blog as I go along, so please be patient with my mistakes! Until I figure out how to remove the headers, please use the links on the right side of the page to access recipes. I will add recipes as we find them, or as I find them from my current (very large) stash of recipes.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Mom's Pie Crusts

2 cups self rising flour
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup ice water.

Cut in butter with flour till course crumbs.

Blend in water till dough leaves sides of bowl.

Knead GENTLY on lightly floured surface 10-12 times.

Roll to fit pie plate.

May put on the bottom of pie plate for traditional pies. Pinch excess dough off edge of pie plate. Prick with fork about every inch or so. Press fork into pie dough edge to make a pretty pattern or pinch it with your fingers.

If using for a cobbler, place whole dough on top of fruit, prick with a fork. You may sprinkle sugar on top if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment