Welcome to our family's kitchen!

These are some of our family's favorite recipes, including a lot of recipes that were handed down from my mother before she passed away. I often joke that I graduated from "The Culinary Institute of Mom's Apron Strings." My boyfriend and I love to cook; he even creates a special dinner every Friday night based on an important, or funny, or ridiculous historical event. You can look that up at "Doomed to Reheat" - we even do a podcast that you can listen to! We're a family of cooks, whether it's professional or amateur, and we hope you enjoy our recipes!

I am learning to blog as I go along, so please be patient with my mistakes! Until I figure out how to remove the headers, please use the links on the right side of the page to access recipes. I will add recipes as we find them, or as I find them from my current (very large) stash of recipes.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Pickled Brussels Sprouts


  • 2 lbs brussels sprouts
  • 2-1/2 cups water
  • 2-1/2 cups vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 4 heads of dill or 4 teaspoons of dried dill seed.
Cook brussels sprouts until just tender, leaving whole. Combine water, vinegar, salt and pepper; boil 5 minutes. Pack Brussels sprouts into hot jars. To each pint add a clove of garlic and 1 head of dill. Pour hot liquid over brussels sprouts, leaving 1/4 inch head space. Remove air bubbles. Adjust caps. Process pint jars 15 minutes in boiling water bath.

Yield: about 4 pints.

No comments:

Post a Comment