Welcome to our family's kitchen!

These are some of our family's favorite recipes, including a lot of recipes that were handed down from my mother before she passed away. I often joke that I graduated from "The Culinary Institute of Mom's Apron Strings." My boyfriend and I love to cook; he even creates a special dinner every Friday night based on an important, or funny, or ridiculous historical event. You can look that up at "Doomed to Reheat" - we even do a podcast that you can listen to! We're a family of cooks, whether it's professional or amateur, and we hope you enjoy our recipes!

I am learning to blog as I go along, so please be patient with my mistakes! Until I figure out how to remove the headers, please use the links on the right side of the page to access recipes. I will add recipes as we find them, or as I find them from my current (very large) stash of recipes.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Pumpkin Cheesecake

I call this a pumpkin cheesecake, but it isn't really. it's a no bake double layer pumpkin pie.

4 oz cream cheese, softened

1 tbsp each milk and sugar

1 1/2 cups thawed cool whip

1 prepared graham cracker crumb crust (6oz)

1 cup cold milk

16 oz pumpkin

2 packages (4 serving size) jello vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling

1 tsp ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp ground ginger

1/4 tsp ground cloves

Mix cream cheese, 1 tbsp milk, and sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spread on bottom of crust.

Pour 1 cup cold milk into large bowl. add pumpkin, pudding mixes and spices. Beat with wire whisk until well mixed. (mixture will be thick.) Spread over cream cheese layer.

Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Garnish with additional whipped topping, if desired. Store leftover pie in refrigerator. Makes 8 servings

*helpful hint: soften cream cheese in microwave on high 15-20 seconds.

This is a no bake pumpkin pie, and it seems gross when you first make it. But give it the 4 hours in the fridge until it has time to set. It's REALLY good, I promise you! I make this and take it anytime I go to a pot luck this time of year. Everybody is always amazed at how good it is and how easy it is to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment